The Miami Dolphins Spotlight
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2010 First Round Mock Draft, v1.0

Go down

2010 First Round Mock Draft, v1.0 Empty 2010 First Round Mock Draft, v1.0

Post by ChrisJNelson Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:08 pm

ChrisJNelson
ChrisJNelson
Admin

http://www.phins-spotlight.com/

Back to top Go down

2010 First Round Mock Draft, v1.0 Empty mock response

Post by lazer Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:07 pm

your mock is good. i believe the Packers will DEFINATELY take IUPATI (all reports the covert him) - and B. Campbell will go later to Arizona. As well, Dallas will not let either of those guys - OR Trent Williams get past them unless Taylor Mays falls. Chad Jones is a 2nd rd pick. He'll be there later with other good DBs like Parrish Cox and Nate Allen. Similarly, no way the Vikings pass on Patrick Robinson if he's there. In fact they might even draft Donovan Warren before they would draft OL because of the GREAT depth on both DL and OL in this draft. Further, Vikings SHOULD draft another DB in the 2nd rd like Cox or Nate Allen and THEN go OL in the 3rd rd. Guys like Calloway, Selvish Capers, Mike Fox, Ducasse, Charles Brown will still be there in the 2nd rd and 3rd rd. Most interesting though - nobody is talking about WHO trades their 2nd rd pick for VICK: St Lou, Seat, Buff, Cleve, Wash or SF. It will change everything like dominoes if Bradford/Claussen are there for Seatt (14), Ariz (26) or Minny (30) or even St Lou, Wash, Buff, Cleve, Oak, Seatt - at top of 2nd rd. I believe Phili won't want to send VICK within the division (Wash) and preferably not even to St. Lou, SF or Seatt, but I gotta believe Carroll will want to make a splash. St Lou is desperate - AND has the best 2nd Rd pick (33) - if they offer it to Phili - Phili takes it (though they rather send Vick to the AFC - Buff/Cleve). The PRESS is totally over-valuing both Bradford and Claussen because they play QB. I believe football people know better. They are 2nd rd talents in ANY other year. Shannahan is WAY better off playing Campbell this coming year, waiting a year to draft a QB - and picking Okung or trade down pick up IUPATI or A. Davis and then going OL AGAIN in the 2nd rd. Similarly, Buff should trade 3rd Rd pick for either D.Anderson/B. Quinn and draft OL in 1st AND 2n rd. BOTH are better than the rookies they'd spend their 1st rounder on. Same deal for Cleve - give Quinn the year w/out D. Anderson - UNLESS Holmgren trades for Vick. Build around Quinn, draft Joe Haden, WR, TE or Dwyer (rb) in 2nd RD, then WR, TE or OL in 3rd RD. Then best Available D or OL on day 2. Get another QB next year. Draft where the talent is - especially when yo have NEED like BUFF and WASH on OL.

lazer

Back to top Go down

2010 First Round Mock Draft, v1.0 Empty Re: 2010 First Round Mock Draft, v1.0

Post by ChrisJNelson Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:11 pm

lazer wrote:your mock is good. i believe the Packers will DEFINATELY take IUPATI (all reports the covert him) - and B. Campbell will go later to Arizona. As well, Dallas will not let either of those guys - OR Trent Williams get past them unless Taylor Mays falls. Chad Jones is a 2nd rd pick. He'll be there later with other good DBs like Parrish Cox and Nate Allen. Similarly, no way the Vikings pass on Patrick Robinson if he's there. In fact they might even draft Donovan Warren before they would draft OL because of the GREAT depth on both DL and OL in this draft. Further, Vikings SHOULD draft another DB in the 2nd rd like Cox or Nate Allen and THEN go OL in the 3rd rd. Guys like Calloway, Selvish Capers, Mike Fox, Ducasse, Charles Brown will still be there in the 2nd rd and 3rd rd. Most interesting though - nobody is talking about WHO trades their 2nd rd pick for VICK: St Lou, Seat, Buff, Cleve, Wash or SF. It will change everything like dominoes if Bradford/Claussen are there for Seatt (14), Ariz (26) or Minny (30) or even St Lou, Wash, Buff, Cleve, Oak, Seatt - at top of 2nd rd. I believe Phili won't want to send VICK within the division (Wash) and preferably not even to St. Lou, SF or Seatt, but I gotta believe Carroll will want to make a splash. St Lou is desperate - AND has the best 2nd Rd pick (33) - if they offer it to Phili - Phili takes it (though they rather send Vick to the AFC - Buff/Cleve). The PRESS is totally over-valuing both Bradford and Claussen because they play QB. I believe football people know better. They are 2nd rd talents in ANY other year. Shannahan is WAY better off playing Campbell this coming year, waiting a year to draft a QB - and picking Okung or trade down pick up IUPATI or A. Davis and then going OL AGAIN in the 2nd rd. Similarly, Buff should trade 3rd Rd pick for either D.Anderson/B. Quinn and draft OL in 1st AND 2n rd. BOTH are better than the rookies they'd spend their 1st rounder on. Same deal for Cleve - give Quinn the year w/out D. Anderson - UNLESS Holmgren trades for Vick. Build around Quinn, draft Joe Haden, WR, TE or Dwyer (rb) in 2nd RD, then WR, TE or OL in 3rd RD. Then best Available D or OL on day 2. Get another QB next year. Draft where the talent is - especially when yo have NEED like BUFF and WASH on OL.

Fine opinions. They should just be presented that way next time. This mock draft is only my guess, and while you're only guessing too, you say things like "PLAYER won't go to that team" or "PLAYER is a second-round pick." You don't know any better than I do.
ChrisJNelson
ChrisJNelson
Admin

Back to top Go down

2010 First Round Mock Draft, v1.0 Empty Great Mock Draft

Post by brett Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:02 pm

Great mock draft for 3 months away. The only thing I have strong disagreement is the Niners taking Spiller. They have Glen Coffee and Michael Robinson. I think for that return man, they may go after a receiver as they need more depth at that position.

brett

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrisJNelson Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:03 pm

brett wrote:Great mock draft for 3 months away. The only thing I have strong disagreement is the Niners taking Spiller. They have Glen Coffee and Michael Robinson. I think for that return man, they may go after a receiver as they need more depth at that position.

Yeah it's somewhat of a luxury pick. I wasn't too impressed with Coffee though, and Michael Robinson isn't a contributor on offense. With two picks in the first round, they could go a lot of directions.
ChrisJNelson
ChrisJNelson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down