The Miami Dolphins Spotlight
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My 2011 Miami Dolphins Offseason Plan

Go down

My 2011 Miami Dolphins Offseason Plan Empty My 2011 Miami Dolphins Offseason Plan

Post by ChrisJNelson Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:14 pm

ChrisJNelson
ChrisJNelson
Admin

http://www.phins-spotlight.com/

Back to top Go down

My 2011 Miami Dolphins Offseason Plan Empty Re: My 2011 Miami Dolphins Offseason Plan

Post by MojoMark Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:05 pm

Very good article. While reading about all the bits and pieces that is Dolphin news, I feel the big picture gets lost. You have to start with an awareness of how all the parts are going to fit together, then focus on the details. The biggest need is left guard and playmakers with speed. Only a combination of the draft, free agent signings and luck will accomplish this.

I've come to believe that the next big free agent signing should be at left guard position since there is more of a chance to get a great player at this position than, say, at quarterback. I also appluad the idea of signing Sproles. If these two signings alone happen I'd be a very happy camper. The draft, including a trade-down, will help fill the other holes.

Mallet is a gamble, but I admire this ballsy call, as I would I if the Dolphins select him in the first round. Trading for Palmer would be an alternative, albeit with a lower risk-reward threshold. I'm not sure about your second round pick, as a matter of fact, I never heard of him. I'd rather look for a playmaker with speed for that pick. It could be on the offense or defense, just someone that has the potential to be a game-changer. I would leave the upgrade of the tightend/H-back for next year because there are slim pickings this year and you can solve everything in one year. In the late rounds I'd focus on running backs, speed receivers/k-returners and pick up a quality linemen if they fall to us.

MojoMark

Back to top Go down